Monday, November 24, 2008

The Power of the Family

A couple of days back, I had been to Dadar station to pick up relatives. It was around 5:45 in the morning when the train chugged into the station. Having picked up my relatives and their luggage, I was making my way out when I was accosted by a policeman who asked me to open the suitcase that I was carrying.
I immediately complied and put the suitcase on his desk and was about to open it, when the policeman saw my relatives waiting for me. He immediately asked me whether I was with them, and on receiving an affirmative response, he let me go.
Questions that came to my mind:
1. Is a mere response that one is with family sufficient to make one a non-suspect?
2. If the answer to the above is yes, then one should seriously consider dating someone/getting married, considering how in-considerate the world is towards singles in general and single guys in particular!!! ;)

No comments: