Friday, September 11, 2009

Helplessness

I encountered a chain snatching incident today. I was walking back from the bus stop to my apartment; had almost reached there, when a bike suddenly sped past me moving from the wrong side of the road to the right side. It was driven just the way the irritating punks drive.

To be honest, I didn't pay much attention. Suddenly there was some helpless squealing sound from behind. Initially I dismissed it as some puppies whining; but when it got louder, I turned back to see a lady running with her arms outstretched, screaming in Marathi.

The basic gist was that her mangalsutra had been lifted by the thieves. A crowd did gather, but it was too late; the thieves had a headstart of 2-3 minutes on a bike and were beyond capture.

One can only curse them that they pay for their misdeeds.

No comments: