Courtesy: BPL Mobile's In House Publication
The world is full of things that we don't know. One such thing was the meaning of the different symbols on the humble bus ticket. I got an opportunity to know what each item meant while i was at my mobile gallery waiting to pay my bill. Some of them have been erased from my memory in the course of the last 4 days, but the others are a faithful reproduction of the article in BPL Mobile's in-house publication. (anyone who knows the name, can write in my comments section)
This is for public gyan and applicable only to BEST tickets...
1. The serial number of the ticket
2. The cost of the ticket
3. The number of stops from the point of boarding.
4. The 15 paise surcharge collected in the name of starving Bangladeshis during the 1971 war. Wonder why we are still paying it. Does it go to our poor? If not, please don't withdraw this surcharge, but transfer the donations to help Indian poor.
5. Indicating that you are under the age of 'full' tickets
6. Literally translated, "khaas" means special. Not sure about this, any pucca Bambaiyya may help me out!!
7. Indicates that the ticket has been purchased for carrying luggage.
8. "jodi" meaning connection. Pucca Bambaiyya, ur help is needed
9. the up arrow indicates an upward journey, the down arrow indicates the downward journey
Further info always welcome!!!