Sunday, July 22, 2007

The eyes that lit up a Sunday evening and the Rajni Mecca in Bombay

The best part of staying in Bombay is that there are so many things to do if you really want to do. Say, if you want to really be a party animal, there is no dearth of places; if you want to watch a movie, this is movieland, dude (provided you get tickets, of course!!!); and even if you decide to be one of those like me who prefer not doing anything generally, need some stimulus to decide on an outing (this, after analysing all options etc); Bombay welcomes you with open arms.

It was such an evening that I decided to watch the Amitabh Bacchan-Tabu-Paresh Rawal starrer "Chini Kum". Everything went to perfection except the availability of tickets. One third of me wanted to return home to watch the pathetic Indians "battle" England; one third wanted to return to read The Gulag Archipelago and the last one third wanted to go on a long walk, where you can think, observe, sing to your heart's content. (Trust me folks, solitary long walks are something everyone should do!!!)

Choosing the option of a walk, I started off towards King's Circle in Matunga. Enroute I somehow strayed into Sion Koliwada and landed up on some automobile repair street.Digressing for the benefit of those special folks who know both Kannada and Tamil. Think 'koli' and think 'wada'. Now depending on how you pronounce 'wada' (which might mean the eatable medu-wada or 'come here dude'), it can either be made out as chicken-wada or chicken-come-here-dude!!

Back to the story.....

Following the path through the maze of streets, I finally ended up at the multiplex which I had just left 15 minutes back. I ploughed along and soon was near Gandhi Market. Thats when I saw those almond eyes!!! Almond eyes, somehow remind me of Bambi the Deer, and this lady certainly was deerlike. Her translucent burkha partially covered one of the most beautiful faces I have seen in my entire life. But it was her eyes, her 'kajal' bordered Bambi like eyes which took my breath away. What happened next? Eyes met-smiles exchanged-we went on our way.

Proceeding further, suddenly, I mean without warning, stepped on the hallowed turf of AURORA THEATRE, the Rajni Mecca!!! Any Rajni movie makes it's debut in Bombay here, and tickets can go upto 1000 bucks on the black market. Of course, Sivaji was showing and people were milling about.

My evening was made, Bambi and Rajni; bring out the celebratory brandi (Sic) :D

No comments: